WELCOME FLORIDA FOP MEMBERS
Welcome to the benefits page created exclusively for the Florida FOP (FLFOP) members. Benefits and services listed are available to members and their families by Beacon Financial.
We Know Training – We Know Process – We Know YOU!
After gaining acceptance into the police academy, recruits participate in classroom and practical instruction. They learn state laws, criminal investigations, patrol procedures, firearms training, traffic control, defensive driving, self-defense, first aid and computer skills. Police recruits also undertake physical training and fieldwork that demonstrates their comprehension of classroom instruction. Field exercises include investigating mock criminal scenes, directing traffic, operating police vehicles, arrest techniques, using firearms, fingerprinting and interrogation methods. The real education is garnered after years on the beat servicing the members of their respective community. Situations arise that quick thinking, experience and training kick in so the optimal outcome can be achieved.
We understand and embrace practice and training, just a pragmatic experience is the greatest knowledge to have when solving a problem. We serve the law enforcement community similar to how you serve your local community – hard work, honor, and process /procedures. We have a vetted and time tested process to help the law enforcement community attain their respective financial goals. Our training plans for the contingencies of the political, financial, and economic markets. We have a team of individuals that are committed to the men and women of law enforcement.
The following page is a brief outline of the process we apply to the most seasoned veterans and recent police academy graduates.
Six Steps in the Financial Planning Process
- Establishing and defining the client-planner relationship – We explain and document the services to be provided and define our responsibilities along with the responsibilities of the law enforcement officer. We then explain how we will be paid and by whom. We set the ground rules and expectations for our working relationship.
- Gathering client data and determining goals and expectations – We ask about your current financial situation, personal and financial goals and attitude about risk. We gather all necessary documents at this stage. No advice is determined at this point. We are simply assessing the situation.
- Analyzing and evaluating the financial status – We analyze your information to assess your current situation and determine what must be done to achieve your individual goals. Depending on the services requested, this assessment could include analyzing your assets, liabilities and cash flow, current insurance coverage, investments or tax strategies.
- Developing and presenting the financial planning recommendations and/or alternatives – We offer financial planning recommendations that address your goals, based on the information provided. We review the recommendations with you to allow you to make informed decisions. We then listen to your concerns and revise recommendations as appropriate.
- Implementing the financial planning recommendations – We mutually agree on how recommendations will be carried out. We may carry out recommendations for the client or serve as a “coach, “coordinating the process with you and other professionals such as attorneys, or benefit coordinators.
- Monitoring the financial planning recommendations – We agree upon who will monitor your progress toward goals. We can use a variety of tools to communicate with you to make sure that we are constantly reviewing and monitoring our progress to ensure a heightened chance of success.
Financial Planning Process
- Identify Your Needs and Objectives
- Gather Information
- Analyze Information and Develop Plan
- Plan Presentation and Delivery
- Implement a Plan
- Review Your Progress and Update